Sunday, August 13, 2006

Palomino Part Arabian Mare

I've been trying to find out the breeding of my palomino mare since I bought her last Christmas - I bought her without papers - so last week I sent requests for help to several Australian Arabian horse and endurance riding email lists I'm on. It turns out that the lady 3 owners before me was in fact her breeder. I was also quite pleased with myself :-) as I guessed she had Silver Moonlight breeding (she has a double cross) and I thought she might have Spindrift breeding as she reminded me of Rimski, an Arabian stallion I used to admire as a teenager, but it turns out she in fact goes back to Rimski's mother. Jasmine is by the pure Arabian Nilgaram Royal Dynasty - check out his pedigree here: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/
nilgaram+royal+dynasty (copy both these lines to your browser)
- and her dam was a palomino who was by a good palomino Quarter Horse stallion from a stock horse mare.
Jasmine's breeder was thrilled to hear how she was going, and will be sending me photos of Jasmine and her relatives. Apparently the initial paperwork did go in to the Arabian Horse Society, so hopefully I can get Jasmine registered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home