Sunday, August 06, 2006

What's that green stuff?


Had a bit of a drama last week, had to race off early in the morning, went to a coffee shop on the trip, and wondered why people were staring at me. I had a pair of bolt cutters sticking out of my handbag! Oh well.... perhaps not the usual thing, but always good to have them at the ready!
To make matters worse, I had on a nice coat, and someone asked me, "What's that green stuff?" - I had hay on it!
I suppose I am a fairly typical horse person, but I don't have a tack room on my property as the last people had miniature ponies and no facilities, so I've had to redo all the fences and build, but haven't got as far as a tack room yet. However, I do have a large walk-in pantry, and all my saddles, bridles, halters, leads, brushes and so on are kept in there.
When I got back I finished the Kikkuli Method of Horse Training newsletter. It's here: http://www.kikkulimethod.com/index.php?pr=NewletterAugust
Check it out - over 10 years ago I replicated the 3,000 year old horse training text with Arabian horses. There's lot about it at www.kikkulimethod.com
I also blew a big end bearing in my Landcruiser, and the mechanics can't start on it for a fortnight. This was a quite horrible and expensive shock. Thankfully I have borrowed a little car from friends who are overseas, but it means I have to have all the feed delivered, and will not make it to the next endurance ride. Let's hope the rest of the month is extra good to make up for the start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home