Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Cudglebar Jasmine gets sick


A couple of days after Les, Karen and John left, on my way back from dropping the kids at the school bus I saw Jasmine not eating her breakfast, and looked depressed with her head down. As I went to catch her she trotted away, coughing a little, so I rugged her and gave her shot of depocillin and syringed some Trimidine down her throat, and called the vet. Her temp was 39.1.
He took bloods and marked them urgent, then took some back to the surgery to see what he could find out there.
The bloods the next morning were worrying, but what we have figured out is that if there is something going around, like a cold, she drops her bundle as her liver isn't the best. I have ordered some pangamic acid (used to be called vitamin B 15) and will give her a course of that, and then continue it at intervals, will look up some herbal stuff to give her in her feed too.
The vet gave me a printed out diet for liver patients, but it turns out that's what I've been feeding her anyway, so that was good!
She finished her depocillin course last night, and took off at a gallop after I let her go. She's feeling good again, but I'll keep a close eye on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home