Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's a filly!



My pure Colonial mare Cudglebar Riena had a filly!! Yes, this was the Monday before last but I haven't had a chance to catch up on the blog yet. She foaled at Montville Stud as when I knew I would be able to buy Riena, it was too late to travel her, and will be around a 9 hour drive. The filly was born on my son Rowan's 14th birthday, so he insisted she be named Hyksos Rowena. Rowena is a full sister to my stud stallion Hyksos Arkhon. Riena was to be rebred to Caleb, who was about to head overseas to New Zealand to KD Arabians. However, while the date he was due to leave left enough time, the transport was sent for him days earlier than expected, to my disappointment. The overseas shipping company just happened to have a truck in the area, so thought they'd pick up Caleb on their way past.. oh well... here's a picture of Caleb (he's working stock horse) with his owner John Heffernan of Montville Stud, photo by Sharon Meyers.
At least I didn't have to stay up all night with Riena - when Arkhon was foaled (I had leased her back then for 1 year), I was sleepless for a few nights and she finally had him in the middle of the final episode of Friends screening in Australia. However, I soon was to be up 2 nights running with only coffee to keep me going....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home