Friday, March 07, 2008

Splitters Creek Visit


On my way back from dropping my daughter off at uni I enjoyed the great hospitality of Catherine of Splitters Creek stud. It was great to have a long talk, til the wee small hours of the morning! Catherine has stallion Hyksos Benjamin, whom I bred, and while there I saw a very lovely filly by Ben, owned by Tina Camm. I wanted to hitch up Catherine's float and take off with the filly! I was also very taken with an outstanding yearling filly by Ben from Cudglebar Mujeor. I used to own Mujeor. She was one of the original Kikkuli Experiment horses, and then went on to a successful endurance career, over 3,000 km and 20th Quilty with Lowest Heartrates. She is by Cudglebar Es Sahra, the sire of my head mare Cudglebar Riena. They both will be 20 y.o. this year and were both Kikkuli Experiment horses as 3 y.o.s. My 15 y.o. son's favourite was a very inquisitive colt foal by Ben out of Cudglebar Shamira. I saw my 26 y.o. mare Cudglebar Rabi's very nice daughter, S.C. Juliet. I also saw tall Anglo stallion SC Red Jewel, a big fave of Catherine's! He is typical of the Cudglebar Mameluke line temperament, super quiet and laid back. Here's a pic of Catherine with him. I saw lots of nice horses! I also liked a grey Aloha mare with very nice colt at foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home